Parking information for 12/31/13
Sakura Square Parking Policy
(Effective April 1, 2013)
For: TSDBT Members and Affiliated Organizations
Sakura Square strives to accommodate the parking needs of the Temple, affiliated organizations and the community whenever possible. There are certain situations where Sakura Square has little flexibility in adjusting these policies and will need the full cooperation of the Temple, the affiliated groups, and the community to assist in managing the parking process. Because Sakura Square is an operating business, parking is prioritized for the commercial businesses and their customers during the week.
• There will be no parking charge for Temple members and attendees during Sunday services. Temple-affiliated organizations will be allowed to stay after Sunday services for meetings/activities/programs at no charge. If Temple attendees plan to attend a Rockies games or other “offsite” activities on Sundays after service, they will be required to pay the fee at the walk-up payment kiosk machine located just west of the parking booth near the Larimer Street entrance. Any violators will be issued tickets, and is enforced by Sakura Square and the Denver Parking Violation Bureau. Nonpayment of tickets will be sent to collections and fines will double if not paid within 15 days. Violators will lose all future parking privileges at Sakura Square.
• Parking for special Temple services will be provided when necessary. (Example: HoOnko, Hanamatsuri, New Years Eve Service, etc…) These services must be coordinated between the Temple leadership and Sakura Square Management.
Funeral and Hoji Services
• Sakura Square will attempt to accommodate the parking needs for Temple funerals and hoji services whenever possible. It is critical that the Temple ministerial and office staff and the Sodan committee to inform the family members of the importance of communicating closely with Sakura Square Management in the scheduling of their service due to the challenges presented with limited parking.
• Funeral and hoji parking during business hours (6:00 AM – 5:00 PM) on weekdays is available at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the Sakura Square parking lot is full, attendees should seek metered parking on the street or in nearby private parking lots for a fee.
• Parking for evening and weekend funerals and hojis is available at no charge on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the Sakura Square parking lot is full, attendees should seek parking at a metered space on the street or in one of the nearby private parking lots for a fee.. All efforts should be made to schedule funerals and hojis around the Rockies home schedule or special events.
Special Temple Events
• Parking will be provided whenever possible for special events at the Temple (Example: Turkey Bingo, Sakura Matsuri, Obon Dance, Mochitsuki, etc…).
• Other than Sunday, whenever possible, parking will be made available for Temple groups conducting meetings (Example: Temple Board meeting, Temple Committee meeting, YBA Meetings, etc…). It is imperative that the scheduling of these meetings be coordinated with Sakura Square Management so that the parking attendants can be alerted. If prior arrangements have not been made, the parking attendants have been instructed to charge the full parking fee or issue a parking violation citation.
• All Temple affiliated organizations will be provided free parking whenever possible only during their regularly scheduled evening meeting/practice times.
• Affiliated organizations that meet during daytime business hours (6:00 AM – 5:00 PM) during the week (Monday – Friday) will be responsible for paying the regular parking fee (parking stamp) as stated below.
• It will be imperative that organization leaders communicate their meeting/practice schedule to Sakura Square Management. Any affiliated organization members that park in Sakura Square outside the regular scheduled practice times/meetings are subject to the regular parking charges and procedures, unless prior arrangements have been made.
• Affiliated organizations that meet during evening hours, individual members that utilize the parking facilities will be assigned personal hang tags which must be displayed on the rear view mirror of their vehicle when parked at Sakura Square. This will allow the parking guard to easily identify affiliated organization members as they enter the Sakura Square parking facilities. Any vehicle not displaying these tags will be given a parking ticket. Any abuse of these hang tags will result in the entire organization losing their parking privileges at Sakura Square.
MONDAY-FRIDAY 6:00 AM - 5:00 PM
• Daytime parking procedures during business hours will remain the same with attendants manning the parking booth. The walk-up payment kiosk will only affect the evening and weekend parking.
• Parking is prioritized for the commercial businesses of Sakura Square and their customers during the week. There is limited parking during this time period as there must always be sufficient parking during business hours for our customers.
• Entering – dispense parking receipt and keep on person for commercial business or Temple staff to apply validation stamps before leaving Sakura Square.
• All Sakura Square commercial businesses and the Temple will monitor their customer/visitor base with parking stamps during business hours Monday – Friday from 6:00 AM – 6:00 PM. The Temple and affiliated groups may purchase these parking stamps in the Tamai Tower apartment office during business hours 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday – Friday.
• Parking stamps are priced at .50 cents per stamp. Each stamp is effective for 1.5 hours of parked time and is limited to two stamps per day. If any parking receipt has exceeded three hours, there will be a charge of $10.00 per hour for any portion of an hour thereafter.
Example: 3 hours of parked time = $ 1.00
3 hours 5 minute parked = $10.00 additional
Total fee to park = $11.00
• This parking stamp policy stated above is to ensure that parkers are efficient in their stay at Sakura Square and there will be sufficient parking for our customers.
• Exiting – a validated receipt must be presented to the parking attendant in order to exit. If parking has exceeded 3 hours, please pay the additional fee in the Tamai Tower office before entering vehicle or pay the parking attendant. If patients of Dental, Vision, or Medical clinics need additional time due to procedures, please call the Tamai Tower office (303-295-0305) to validate additional time.
• There will be no Rockies baseball parking for day games that start at 1:10 PM on Monday – Friday (except holidays).
• The ground level (customer parking) is reserved for Sakura Square Commercial business customers only. Any violators will be ticketed and fined, and is enforced by Sakura Square and the Denver Parking Violations Bureau.
WEEKEND DAYTIME PARKING
• Daytime parking 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM will be available to the general public (non-Sakura Square commercial customers) by paying the regular fee at the walk-up payment kiosk unless premium rates are in effect due to a Rockies game or a special event.
• Free parking (3 Hours) will be provided to customers of Sakura Square commercial businesses. Sakura Square customers planning to visit outside the Square will be responsible to pay the parking fee unless other special rates apply due to Rockies games or special events. Temple and affiliated organizations utilizing the parking facilities during the weekend must contact Sakura Square in advance.
EVENING HOURS 5:00 PM – 6:00 AM
• The general public (Non Sakura Square commercial customers) will be charged a flat parking rate per vehicle during this period (Except during Rockies games or special events where premium rates may apply). Payment for parking will be made at the walk-up payment kiosk located just west of the parking booth near Larimer Street.
• Sakura Square will always attempt to provide available evening parking for Temple and community activities (Except during Rockies games or special events). There will be limited available parking on a first-come, first-served basis during evening hours from 5:00 PM – 10:00 PM (unless other special arrangements have been made). Temple and affiliated organizations will be allowed to park in any of the first three levels of the Sakura Square parking garage or in the open lot within this five hour period. After 10:00 PM, all vehicles will be subject to the regular parking fee payable at the walk-up payment kiosk. No overnight parking will be allowed unless other arrangements have been made.
• Temple members and affiliated organizations are not allowed free parking at any time to attend Rockies games or special events and will be required to pay the charged rate at the walk-up payment kiosk. Violators will be issued parking tickets and is enforced by Sakura Square and the Denver Parking Violation Bureau.
• Sakura Square commercial customers (example: customers of restaurants) will have three (3) free hours to park during evening hours.
These parking policies stated above will become effective April 1, 2013 and is subject to change as necessary. Sakura Square Management will keep the Temple and the community informed on any changes as they occur. It is our goal to balance the operations of Sakura Square with the many needs of our community. Thank you for your cooperation with these policies and procedures. Please feel free to contact Sakura Square Management if there are any questions regarding the parking policy. Call the Tamai Tower Apartment Office 303-295-0305 during business hours Monday –Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
Tri-State Buddhist Church Apartments, Board of Directors
Sakura Square Management Corp.