PARKING PROCEDURES AT SAKURA SQUARE
Read the revised parking procedure which takes effect April 1, 2013.
Sakura Square strives to accommodate the parking needs of the Temple and the community whenever possible. There are certain situations where Sakura Square has little flexibility in adjusting the parking policy and will need the full cooperation of the Temple and community to assist in managing the parking process.
MONDAY-FRIDAY 6:00 AM - 5:00 PM
• Parking is prioritized for the commercial businesses and their customers of Sakura Square. There is never free parking during this time period as there must always be sufficient parking during business hours for customers. Therefore, there is very limited parking access for daytime Temple functions or Rockies games during the week.
• All Sakura Square commercial businesses monitor their customer/visitor base with parking stamps during business hours Monday – Friday from 6:00 AM – 5:00 PM
• Parking stamps are priced at .50 cents per stamp. Each stamp is effective for 1.5 hours of parked time and is limited to two stamps per parking receipt. If any receipt has exceeded its limit of three hour maximum, there will be a charge of $10.00 per hour for any portion of an hour thereafter.
Example: 3 hours of parked time = $ 1.00
3 hours 5 minute parked = $10.00
Total fee to park = $11.00
• Entering – dispense parking receipt and keep on person for commercial business to apply stamps before leaving lot.
• Exiting – receipt must be presented to parking attendant in order to exit. If parking has exceeded 3 hours, pay the fee in the Apartment office.
• There will be no Rockies baseball parking for day games that start at 1:10 PM on Monday - Friday.
• There will be no free parking for Temple activities during Rockies games except during Sunday services from 6:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Temple members are asked to park in the surface lot near Pacific if they are planning to stay after 12:00 PM on Sunday day games. There is also free parking (2 Hour Limit) on city streets every Sunday, even during home Rockies games.
• Sakura Square will provide free evening parking for Temple and community activities on Sunday - Thursday evenings from 5:00 PM – 6:00 AM, (Except during Rockies games). The general public will be charged a flat parking rate of $5.00 per vehicle during this period.
• On Friday and Saturdays evenings from 5:00 PM - 6:00 AM, Temple and community members will be required to pay the regular public parking fee of $5.00 per vehicle (Except Rockies games, where the baseball parking fee will apply). There will be limited free parking available on a first come basis on Friday and Saturday evenings for Temple and community activities in the open surface parking lot between Pacific and the Temple. Once this lot is filled, Temple and community members will be responsible for paying the regular rate to park in the parking structure.
• Temple members are not allowed free parking at any time to attend Rockies games. Violators will lose all future parking privileges.
• Arrangements must be made in advance for special events with Sakura Square Management. Special events will be considered on an individual basis.
• Daytime parking during business hours, Monday - Friday during the week leading up to Sakura Matsuri will be extremely limited. All efforts should be made by volunteers to carpool and seek parking in lots near the Temple.
• Free parking will be available for Obon practice and festival volunteers in the evenings after 5:00 PM during that week.
• There will be no charge for parking during the Saturday and Sunday of Sakura Matsuri to encourage the public to attend the event.
• Accommodations for funerals will be a priority and there will be no charge for funeral parking in the evenings and on weekends. Sakura Square Management must be informed of the scheduling of all funerals and hojis so we can make proper arrangements. Careful planning is essential during the Rockies season as there will be no available parking for funerals during home baseball games or during business hours during the week.
The parking procedure stated above is effective April 15, 2012 and subject to change as necessary. Sakura Square Management will attempt to keep the Temple and the community informed on any changes as they occur. It is our goal to balance the operations of Sakura Square with the many needs of our community. We hope that all who visit Sakura Square will enjoy their stay. We appreciate the support of everyone in helping us to achieve this objective.
Please feel free to contact Sakura Square Management if there are any questions regarding the parking procedures. Call the Tamai Tower Apartment Office, 303-295-0305, Monday – Friday, 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM.